GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

downloading NJ topo to hard drive Vista Pro

Started by Edsfind, January 25, 2010, 04:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Oz-

Do you have this issue with other downloads?

I used to use vista (now Win 7) and never had these issues.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Jimbob

Have you tried start, search, (enter names) and see if anything comes up?  At least that way you know for sure it's not "hiding" on your machine.My vista 64 has presented no known problems.

Edsfind

OZ, nothing will download, jimbob tryed that too,i will try firefox, thanks for your input

Boyd

If it really isn't downloading, you probably need to check your security settings in Vista. This is a real PITA. Vista was driving me nuts until I figured out how to turn off all the "helpful" things it does.

A few days ago I helped two friends install print drivers on the Vista laptops in the office. One of them had his settings similar to mine and it was easy. The other had (apparently) the default settings and it was a real pain.

-Oz-

Yea, win7 is much nicer.  I only have one vista box left and its because it needs to be super stable (aka left alone).

The worst part was programs like norton, mcafee, etc make vista much much worse because two thigns are trying to lock it down.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Edsfind

i got it, it was AVG 8.5 GIVING THE TROUBLE unistalled it works just fine now, thanks for all your help >>>>> :D