GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

MapSource 6.15.9 a warning maybe?

Started by Seldom, January 22, 2010, 08:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpine

Right now, the only reason I have Garmin gps devices, is because of the free maps available.

I wonder if Garmin will kill the Goose that lays the Golden Egg for a few bucks.

Since they use their customers for beta testers I would not bet on Garmin to take the smart business approach.

Time will tell.

Boyd

Seems that they have done something to break waypoint transfer from the GPS in new versions of Mapsource. I just tried, and cannot receive waypoints from my Oregon 400t... I know that I used to be able to do this.  >:(  https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=5958

And it appears that this isn't a bug, it's a "feature". Guess they want to force us to use BaseCamp now...

Quote02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
FALAGAR
Desktop App Developer

Some of the newer outdoor devices have a different transfer scheme that MapSource does not support.

BaseCamp is the recommended application for those devices. You can transfer the waypoints from your Oregon to your collection and then export them as GPX.

In case you do not want to use BaseCamp: the waypoints should be in the GPX folder of your device, in one of the gpx files. If you go through the gpx files and just open them with MapSource, one of them should contain your waypoints.