GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Firmware 3.5 for OR300 unfriendly to transparent maps

Started by Seldom, January 17, 2010, 11:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

The magenta GoTo line won't draw if a transparent topo is on screen with it.  Anybody know of a fix for this?

I'd really like to revert my firmware to something earlier, but all I can find is betas on the gpsinformation archive.  Is there an archive for non-beta firmware?

eaparks

The 3.42b works well.  I updated to 3.5 and reverted back to 3.42b.  3.5 is realy a mess with the Goto line.

eaparks

If you do revert to any software version older than what is in your unit be sure to back up your waypoints and routes first, you will loose those in the unit.  I did not loose any of my tracks in the unit nor did I loose any of my custom Profile settings.  Unit ( OR 400t) did go back to factory defaults but only in the default profile; I swithced to my custom profiles and all settings were as I had customized them.

Seldom

I just successfully reverted to 3.4 using the GCD file from the wiki.

When I re-started the unit, I thought it was bricked.  Nothing happened and the startup screen was a smear.  In desperation, I removed my map chip and re-started.  After that it booted up fine and re-loaded 3.4.

I didn't see anything about removing the map chip on the wiki though.