GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

What's on GPS 76CS

Started by heyyou325, January 10, 2010, 01:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heyyou325

I'm really new to the GPS systems (other modern technology like computers also), and I got talked into buying a used Garmin GPS76CS (I do a lot of fishing).  I've figured some things out with it, but before I start putting a lot of things on it I'd like to know exactly what's on it.  115 mb should be enough to use, but I can't get it to register anywhere on my computer what's on it, and what I need.  Am I missing something, or do I just need to find another tutorial on how to do this. 

Boyd

You will need Mapsource software for starters - see the tutorial on this site if you don't have it already. Connect your GPS to your computer, choose Transfer > Receive from device and be sure that maps are checked in the dialog box. That should load any maps which are on the GPS into mapsource where you can look at them on your computer.

maps4gps

From Garmin's website, you can download a digital copy of the instruction manual.

heyyou325

Thanks for the help.  I had everything I needed except knowledge.  I guess maybe old men shouldn't use new fangled contraptions like these.