GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

topo maps verses bluewater maps

Started by johnny b., January 05, 2010, 03:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny b.

I am new at these handheld gps. I have an gpsmap 76s. I bought it to use fishing. What would be the best maps for me to use to find my way on all the bayou's we have around my area. believe me some areas are like spiderwebs. I need all the help I can get. Thanks Johnny

johnny b.

I LIVE IN SOUTH CENTRAL lA. i FISH THE BASIN AREA and sometimes I fish the marshes south of here. I don't kinow how good coverage is good in these areas with bluewater maps. I don't have any place close to go check out the maps. When I asked garmin where i could get a demonstration, they just told me to go to my nearest dealer. Went to one and they said they had no way to show a demo. The topo maps from this site are pretty correct for my area. Would like to be able to compair. Thanks

maps4gps

Garmin has BlueCharts which they say are offshore marine maps.  Searching their site for bluewater seams to be a hardware object.
Besides; try the NC or NE Topo as it used USGS NHD (24K)  for hydro; my IA topo and US Plainimetric NC used Census hydro which appears to be a combo between 100K and 24K and is going towards 24K on a county by county basis.
When you mentioned bayou, I expected Louisiana not Iowa.

eaparks

johnny b:  If you want to provide the coordinates for the area in question I'll be glad to send you a screenshot of your area in both U.S. Inland Lakes v3 and in US Marine g2i (blue charts) so you can compare yourself.

johnny b.

Thanks . you guys are a big help. I saw a sample of inland lakes and I think I can use the topo maps from this site just as well. Infact I think the topo's  from here are better. Again thanks