News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Viewing Rivers/lakes with Etrex HCX

Started by jsmith811, November 30, 2008, 08:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmith811

I have City Navigator North America 2008 / Mapsource 6.14.1
I have downloaded maps for my state, but I am unable to see rivers on the Etrex HcX, i thought even the basemap that came with it displayed rivers. The detail is set to High in unit. I do not see rivers in the mapsource software either. I realize topo 2008 might do this, but I thought basic river info was displayed from the basemap of the hcx. I do not want to purchase Topo, just to see the blue river lines.

-Oz-

This is gonna be a question of how big is the river?

The base map normally doesn't have rivers (maybe the Mississippi River) and has crappy roads.  City Navigator has a few rivers and excellent roads.

What river are you looking for (coordinates would be great) and I'll check it on city navigator and the topo.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

jsmith811

I have solved the problem by installing IbycusUSA,  this allows me very detailed rivers/lakes & even roads, I still have city navigator installed also, the only catch to this free map set is that I do have to select one or the other, I can't view both and the IbycusUSA isn't routable.

-Oz-

You are correct.  You may be able to view the Ibycus one and still route with the City Navigator underneath.  I'm not 100% sure though.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

arham

Yea, I've had that issue too.

Glad you got it fixed