GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Unlock problem on 400T after loading TOPO 24k maps

Started by meach4x4, December 27, 2009, 06:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meach4x4

I just recently bought an Oregon 400t from an estate sale.  It had City Navigator NT loaded, in addition to the Topo U.S.  I used it several times in Automotive mode, and it seemed to work very well.  Previous to buying this GPSr, I've been using a Nuvi 760 and a GPSMap 60CSx.

The other night, I downloaded 24k topo maps for Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico from this site to my 400t.  I used my existing copy of Mapsource to do the download.  After doing the download, I turned on the Oregon to check out the results, and I received a "Cannot unlock maps" message on bootup.  When I went to my maps page, the City Navigator NT does not show up on the maps list.  Also, none of the maps will do routing now.

I had previously purchased and loaded City Navigator NT on my 60 csx.  Of course, it is also resident on the Nuvi.  Although City Navigator NT was on the 400t, I did not get a CD with the unit from the estate sale.

Any ideas?  Other than buying a new copy from Garmin, is there anything to try to resolve the unlock problem?  Also, should I not be using the same Mapsource app for all 3 GPSr's?

Thanks!

meach4x4

Indrid Cold

You are going to have to contact Garmin Customer Support and if CN was registered to that 400t, they should be able to add both to your "My Garmin" account and get you a replacement unlock code. We aren't able to help you with unlock codes here.