GPSFileDepot.com

Am I stupid or is MapSource poorly designed and lacks key features?

Started by Harry Gilbert, December 14, 2009, 01:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astewart

Quote from: seldom_sn on December 20, 2009, 09:16:40 AM
Does BaseCamp provide an tool to select maps to send to a device?  If so, I can't find it.  Nothing equivalent to the pink highlight map selection tool in MapSource.

If you have a device/SD card attached, it is listed on the left. Right click on the device -> Install Maps opens a separate wizard GUI for tile selection.

It doesn't seem able to import Mapsource .gdb files with tile lists, or provide a way to save a tile list.

It does fix the problem with importing one track .gpx wiping out a previous track. You can make folders and copy tracks/waypoints/routes to them. Any imported data is auto added to the "My Collection" folder.

Alan

Boyd

Quote from: seldom_sn on December 20, 2009, 09:16:40 AMGPSfiledepot should copyright its terms.  Not only is Garmin making "Custom Maps", but their BaseCamp dialog for sending maps to device is called Mapinstall.

Actually Garmin has had "Mapinstall" for a number of years. Before they released RoadTrip or Basecamp, Mapinstall was the program you used to load maps on the Macintosh. It was like a stripped down Mapsource that could only select map tiles and send them to the GPS.