GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

First Post and greetings...

Started by mcope, December 18, 2009, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcope

First I would like to say it is great having a site like this.  I have a Garmin Etrex Vista.
This gps has always worked well for me.  I have used it for traveling and out in the woods.

Unfortunately Garmin has considered it out of date.  I have the last MapSource they put out.  I have no idea if any of the other new versions will even work with it.

The one thing that was of interest to me was the topo maps.  That will come in handy since I am getting into metal detecting and using the GPS to track and mark my finds.

Anyone know if the maker of MapSource will provide future maps for older Garmin's.  I don't think they did the maps in house and some time ago I remember them switching map companies.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks to the host for having this forum.

Mike

Boyd

I think you are confused here. Mapsource is a Garmin product and it exists so that you can load their maps into your GPS. I have not tried since I don't have a Vista (used to have a Legend C), but I would certainly expect the newest version to be compatible with your unit.

You can download the updates here: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209