GPSFileDepot.com

GPS Newbie Trouble downloading/installing NE Topo part 1

Started by tscheuble, October 19, 2009, 07:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tscheuble

Hi all,
I'm a total rookie grateful for this site, and need help. Downloaded NE Topo part 1 from this site for use on my Nuvi 500 (my first GPS only had it a few days). Map seemed to download fine, will not install. Bad part is now all my Garmin sofware errors out now too pointing to this map (NE Topo part 1) as the problem. I uninstalled, ...error..... reinstalled......error, still can't get anywhere. Error says Installer integrity check has failed. Went to the site listed for help nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error and I don't get what I should do.

Any help??? Sorry in advance for needing handholding.

Indrid Cold

Have you tried to redownload the map? Other are using it just fine.

trapperrick

I also have a 500 but have not tried to download that particular map. Every map that I istalled from here work fine but have a few questions.
   1: Did you load it to mapsource first?

2: If you did this first step did you try to load it straight to the units memory or to a seperate micro SD card?

I have found if you load it to the micro SD card ( which is recomended ) it could be removed and the original topo that came with the unit can be used again. This GPS works great for ATV riding and just walking around the woods but also works just as great in the vehicle also.