GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

SC and TN Topos

Started by BePrepared, December 03, 2009, 06:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BePrepared

First of all, this is a GREAT site!  I appreciate the work that has gone in to making the maps.

Hey maps4gps, any chance you are going to make SC and VA?  Your NC and TN maps are great.

Thanks again for the effort.

maps4gps

The contours for an overlay mapset for the 48 States were run in Sept. and were being 'tweaked' for some areas when Census released their 2009 data and USGS released 8 months of bimothly updates for the elevation grid data we use to build the contours.  The planimetric data for the 50 States has recently been placed on this site as a 10 'quad' mapset - see US Planimetric - xxxxxx.
I began downloading the new elevation data a few days ago.  It will take some time.  Good news is that most of the areas in SC which had older/unrealiable data (which was the reason I did not release topo mapsets for 8 eastern States) has been replaced by the latest LIDAR data.

OZ needs to decide if the site can support both overlay contour and a full topo mapset.   Contours in both and PC and MAC versions will likely require 28-32 Gb of storage.  And that is by quad; if done by State, the quads common to two or more States are included in each State mapset.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: maps4gps on December 04, 2009, 06:24:34 AMAnd that is by quad; if done by State, the quads common to two or more States are included in each State mapset.
If the data (most likely contour lines) are clipped to the border bounds that would alleviate any overage.

maps4gps

I build/store all my data in quads - usually 4x6.  My version of GM 9.03 does not have the ability to clip.  It will do a split, but the process checks every selected line against every other.  Would take forever.