GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

How to convert DeLorme Topo's for use in Garmin?

Started by Rex, November 19, 2009, 07:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

I have a full USA set of the DeLorme topo maps by region.  I subsequently bought the DVD map version.

Can this be converted so it can be used in the GPS and also in my Nuvi or imported to Map Source?

Thanks

Boyd

I can't imagine that there's anyway to do this since the map format is completely different. Even if you could, there would be copyright issues since the product isn't intended to be used this way. I am not very familiar with the DeLorme PN-40 GPS, but perhaps it can be used there?

Indrid Cold

Aren't those at 100K? You can get better maps from this site.

Rex

Ok ... thanks.  I purchased the products but the DeLorme PC software really sucks so I was hoping to be able to use the Nuvi with it and Map Source.  The maps themselves are fine however.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: Rex on November 19, 2009, 01:45:08 PM
Ok ... thanks.  I purchased the products but the DeLorme PC software really sucks so I was hoping to be able to use the Nuvi with it and Map Source.  The maps themselves are fine however.

If you sell it on eBay I would not add the bit about the software.

Rex

The last thing I sold on eBay will probably be my last.  It was a perfect 4dTV sat receiver and I got a whopping $125 for it.  Then I got an ugly surprise when I got billed their selling fee of 8.75%.  Additionally, they now require you to list one of their electronic pay options like Pay Pal .... that's another 4% ... why even screw with ebay if you want to sell something.  It has turned into a toilet with mostly people who know squat and have a computer and software selling everything from green cheese to the moon.  The people here forget more useful information daily that most any of the "power sellers" on ebay ever had about their product.

The DeLorms SW is difficult to use but it can upload routes, etc to my GPS unit but not a map.  Their Street Atlas product is just as bad now too.