GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Reject map source latest version

Started by Jimbob, November 18, 2009, 04:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

Updated version 6.15.6 can pose problems when saving some data to a GPX file. Map source will just stop working and shut down. After numerous back and forth of e-mails/phone calls Garmin has admitted to this problem. I'm forbidden from posting this info. acording to their e-mail. They told me to use an older version until an update can repair this problem. Try saving their "tour" database file as a GPX file and see what happens.

Seldom

I downloaded 6.15.7 from their website about a week ago. You may want to see if it helps your problem.  I've read about this problem with Vista.  Is that what you are using?

Indrid Cold

v6.15.7 is the current version, and haven't been able to duplicate the issue. You might have something else going on.

astewart

This has been discussed at length over at groundspeak and Garmin knows it. I see this problem with 6.15.6 and 6.15.7 on XP. If you have not opened a .gpx file, it will crash on saving. If you have opened any .gpx file, then any saving to a .gpx will work.

I made an "empty.gpx" with no tracks or points and added that to the target in the desktop shortcut properties. That way, you can forget about the bug.

Alan

alpine

Ditto here. I'd post that sucker on any and all websites until the cows come home. They only get away with this buggy software because the public is their beta testers!

Jimbob

They screwed around with me for  more than 10 days before admitting it, when they knew it all the time. I'm using 64 bit Vista so there may be an issue there. thanks for the idea about the dummy gpx file. At the moment I'm using an older version of map source.

Jimbob

Thanks astewart, the idea of a dummy file and opening it prior to saving as GPX  is working fine. Have now been able to go back to the latest version of mapsource.