GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Routs not showing up in nuvi 265 with mapsource

Started by kingdaddy, November 03, 2009, 03:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdaddy

I got the free Texas Topo Map from GPSFile Depot and added a "Rout" in Mapsource to a trail then downloaded it directly into the Garmin nuvi 265wt (not the data card) yet I can not see the added Routs.  I've already tried zooming in all the way and other suggestions here, maybe this combo is somehow different.

Any ideas how to get this info to show up?

Boyd

Sorry, it's not gonna happen. The 265wt does not support routes unfortunately (none of the Nuvi 2x0 or 2x5 series can use routes).

To see which Nuvi's support routes, use the comparison feature at garmin.com and look at the item "routes". In this example you can see that the 265wt and 1260t don't support it (0 routes) while the 765t and 1450t do (10 routes).

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=134&compareProduct=30964&compareProduct=63932&compareProduct=13430&compareProduct=14926

kingdaddy

Thanks for the info, I was hoping it would at least show hiking trails though, but it seems that the Texas Topo Map doesnt even have any anyway.  Know of any maps that have hiking trails, for free that is?