GPSFileDepot.com

Mapsource error - uninstall and reinstall exe file

Started by hntr, October 30, 2009, 08:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hntr

Some people who are using my map installation file get an error: "there is a problem with the product Tiger Map Installation -  Please re-install Tiger Map and start mapsource again"

I did some research and can only see that this could be due to the fact that they have a newer version of MapSource on their computer.  Is this the cause?

-Oz-

Tiger map is the old version of ibycus map I think.  You need to download 2.x with the newer versions of MapSource.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

hntr

Quote from: -Oz- on November 08, 2009, 02:06:46 AM
Tiger map is the old version of ibycus map I think.  You need to download 2.x with the newer versions of MapSource.

No, this is a map I made and the guy has the newest version of MapSource installed 6.15.7 I believe. 

What was changed between the 2 versions of the map that you are describing?

hntr

Just had a report that it doesn't work with Mapsource versions 4 and 5 also, only 6.0-6.14

Anybody have any ideas?

hntr

Sounds like they need to update their Maps/MapSource.

How would one update their Maps for a new version of MapSource?

hntr

If you mean the map you made that your friend is having trouble with, download the latest version cGPSMapper and MapSetToolkit, then recompile your map.mp file and send that off to your friend.

yes, I am still referring to a map I created and will be for the remainder of this topic

Have you guys ran into this problem often (where you have to update the maps using the newest version of CGPS for the map to work with a new version of MapSource?)

hntr

Which Mapsource update did this issue arise on.  6.14 to 6.15 or a different one?

hntr

Is it common for the error to occur if using MapSource version 4 or 5

i am using CGPS v0098

hntr

I think most people handled this when Garmin updated MapSource a while back.

Which Mapsource update did this issue arise on.  6.14 to 6.15 or a different one?