GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

speed of map

Started by ALPHAWHALEN, October 28, 2009, 06:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPHAWHALEN

so first time with handhelds and i have a legend hcx and i downloaded the mississippi topo and saved it to the micro sd then i inserted the sd into my garmin and what do i do from there? does it pull the map up automatically from the sd card?  it wont let me zoom or anything so i cannot tell.  it just says drawing when i hit the zoom button.  help appreciated. thanks

maps4gps

The file you downloaded needs to be run. This will allow MapSource to see the data.  In MapSource you select some or all of the quads.  MapSource will build a gmapsupp.img file and transfer it to your GPSr.  See:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-load-maps-on-my-garmin-gps-unit/

ALPHAWHALEN

so do i just insert the memory card in my computer and save it to it? it will not let me transfer through the usb.... im pretty lost

ALPHAWHALEN

first time to ever do this... seems overwhelming... i need some serious help from start

ALPHAWHALEN

so i downloaded and used mapsource to send to memory card then put memory card in gps.... after this is that map on the micro sd gonna pull up when i turn on the gps??  it seems very very slow to zoom so i cannot tell if it is the new map

alpine

Also you might want to go to setup/maps and see what maps have a check mark.

ALPHAWHALEN

so it still wont zoom... whats the deal???? i have it on least detail too.