GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

QUESTION ABOUT NAVIGATION AND "TRACKS" ON MY VENTURE HC

Started by CHUCKLES, October 18, 2009, 07:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHUCKLES

Ok....thanks to this site i have gotton better maps for my venture, figured out how to just load what i need for the space i have available, and how to read and use my gps.  Now i have a question about navigating and using 'tracks'.  Im gonna use this for some deep woods riding around the county and in some state parks.  There will be many times that one trail with "figure 8" or cross over a trail i previously went down.  When tracking my driving this will show on the gps but when its time to go home and i use the "backtrack" feature will the gps make me run my entire route in reverse to get home or will i know that i cross my own trail and that i can take these intersections as short cuts to get back to the truck?  Hope my question makes sence.

latindane

Agreed with the previous post; if you have it in "highway" mode you will just backtrack the whole way. If, however, you have it in map mode, it will be obvious that you are crossing your own track, and you can zoom out/in and also move the cursor around the map to figure out which is the correct way to take a shortcut.

CHUCKLES

i figured but thats ok...as long as its leading me in teh right direction to get out safely thats all that matters.