News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Newbie with a Nuvi-Another problem

Started by woodstramp, October 31, 2008, 11:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodstramp

Hey OZ,

Well.....bought a new 2GB SD card for the Nuvi today.....decided I'd just load the whole state of WY on the Nuvi consdering how I now have all this extra storage... Loaded the whole state to SD to see what it would look like.

This time I set the Nuvi system setting to "Pedestrian" like I did before (so I could see the Topo detail like I did before with that small chunk of Wyoming that I'd loaded to the Nuvi).   Well, if I back up so that I can see the whole US, the borders of the little map plates show up as well as the whole state, but when I zoom in there is no Topo detail to be seen like before.  I can move the cursor around and labels like "river", "road", etc show, but I can't see anything only the roads.   Wonder why I can't see the  topo detail?  Thanks. 

woodstramp

Sorry for the delay in answering there....

That post was from a long time ago and I've since figured out the problem.  I wasn't aware at the time that you can go into Settings/Map set up and turn CityNavigator or these topo files on in an either/or fashion.   I think that whole "seeing the topos in Pedestrian mode at different zooms" was a conflict between the two map software when I had both running at the same time on the Nuvi.