GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

cannot toggle between maps

Started by margo, October 12, 2009, 05:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margo

I have tried this twice so far. I first loaded the ga and nc maps, which is awesome but I could not toggle between them, which was no issue at this point.

Then I found the southeast map so I loaded that. I decided I wanted to be able to toggle between the smaller state maps and the large map so last night I attempted to load the three, with the plan of toggling between them somehow. I had already saved the nc/ga mapsets so I chose that, then chose the se map.

I am at work and cannot take pics right now but the only thing I can select are the bizillion little files that make up each map.

Is there some way to save each map as a complete mapset? I tried renaming them during my first attempt but that didn't seem to work. I must be doing something wrong.

As it is now, all the map files I have loaded are selected to be displayed. Is this going to make the maps superimpose when I get to an area covered by two differant maps?

IndyJpr

Quote from: margo on October 12, 2009, 05:19:53 AMI am at work and cannot take pics right now but the only thing I can select are the bizillion little files that make up each map.

What GPS do you have?  When you are at the spot you describe above hit the menu key again - it should give you options to hide/show the entire mapsets.  See this link for more info:

http://www.miscjunk.org/mj/mp_mapset.html

margo

Yeah! I think it worked! I would not have found that I don't think. I thought it would be a box to check, kind of like the one on it now.

Thanks all!