GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

755t needs special map for lane assist?

Started by sherjatt, September 19, 2009, 08:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherjatt

i downloaded 2010 map and installed it on my 755t. the map works great but the lane assist doesnt pop up anymore.  it worked fine with orgional map around toronto area.  also traffic symbol comes on but when you press it and search for traffic or traffic on route, it doesn not show any traffic although some of the hwy are jammed. please someone help me with this and tell me where i can download compatible maps

Indrid Cold

Sorry, but you would have to get those from Garmin.

sherjatt

well it doesnt matter where i get it from i just want to know which one to get

sherjatt

i downloaded 2010 navigator map and installed it on 755t. map works great except it doesnt show lane assist. is there diff map for lane assist? also why doesnt my gps give me updated traffic in toronto. it shows green traffic button but very little info.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: sherjatt on September 20, 2009, 11:55:30 AM
well it doesnt matter where i get it from i just want to know which one to get

Maybe I didn't understand your first post. I thought you wrote that you had already downloaded a map. If you downloaded it from Garmin, you will need to contact Garmin if it isn't working correctly with your GPS. They support their own products.

topics merged

alpine

As I understand it the lane assist only works in some areas. I would email Garmin Tech Support and ask them. Be sure to mention which areas were not showing lane assist.

-Oz-

same goes for traffic; it also only works in some areas.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

Well the traffic feature is limited to areas with FM signal coverage (assuming TMC traffic). The lane assist is dependent on map data. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the downloadable map updates do not include the lane assist files, which are only available on DVD or pre-installed on the unit itself. But I could be wrong there...

sherjatt

See the thing is that the maps it came with orgionally 2009 showed lane change assist fine. and it popped up so many times while i was driving in toronto, however since i installed this new map 2010, it hasnt popped up at all even driving through same areas.  maybe theres an add on for units that shows lane assist?

alpine

I would contact Garmin Support. I don't think you received the correct map version for your unit. Or the unlock code isn't correct to display all the features for your unit.