News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Windows 7 & mapsource

Started by aarontsur, August 30, 2009, 09:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarontsur

Hi everyone,

is anyone running mapsource on windows 7?  if you do is it working for you?

i installed Mapsource 6.15.6 on windows 7 64bit, and im having dispaly issues when i switch between map sets.  i have installed NE US TOPO Parts 1,2 and 3 and when i switch map sets the map display is blank.  is any one seeing this issue?  is it mapsource or is it the maps i downloaded from gpsfiledepot?

thanx

aaron

devehf

I am using 6.16.3 on Windows 7 64 bit and I cannot access any maps. Under Utilities/ Manage Map Products... I can see the map I have installed. The status is "unlockable". There is no toolbar displayed that allows me to select this map and view it.

Seldom

Check out this tutorial:
Can you see a drop down menu where it says "Topo US 2008" in the third graphic.

heyyou325

My wife has Windows 7 64 bit, and the newest mapsource, and usually she has no problems.  We use her laptop with n-route for trips, and mapsource to see ahead, and just finished a 4500 mile trip.  She only had 2 problems, when changing maps, once everything went blank, and one it panned to very far out, and wouldn't come closer.  Both times she closed and restarted the program and it worked.  She had been having problems before she downloaded the newest one tho.

Boyd

If you can't see the dropdown menu at all, use View > Show Toolbars > View. That should make the dropdown menu visible. Do you see your map listed there now?

-Oz-

I have MapSource and Basecamp running on windows 7 32bit and 64 bit.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

azfj60

Hey all, new member and new to Mapsource.  I'm having the same issue.  Windows 7 64 bit, Mapsource 6.16.3, and cannot see the dropdown window to select the maps.  Even viewing all the toolbars.

edit:  loading the 32 bit "My Trails" fixed the problem.  Now I can see the other maps I've previously installed from GPSFileDepot.  Must be a 32/64 bit glitch.  The answer was in another thread here on the first page...

wjkendall

where can I find the 32 bit "My Trails" program please?

maps4gps

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/53/
We are refering to the installer coding the map author used when creating the selfinstalling .exe file.

AZJEFFRO

I just loaded Mapsource on my Win7 64 bit and I don't even get a Base map or anything, just a grid.

Boyd

I think that's what happens when you only install Mapsource by itself now. The old Training Center hack gave you a very crude basemap (called "PC Basemap"), but you aren't missing anything there. Download and install some maps from this site and you will be good to go.

AZJEFFRO

I tried that and that didn't work either, The map is there it just won't open.  I downloaded Base Camp and it works just fine.

-Oz-

I think at this point I'd recommend everyone use Basecamp for reliability sake.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!