GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Using City Select V6

Started by byrond, August 28, 2009, 03:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrond

When I purchased my old Garmin GPS 5, I bought a copy of City Select N.A. V6 along with it.  I used to load maps to the GPS 5 regularly with no problem.  Now I have moved on and am using a Garmin 60CSX.  When I load my good old City Select N.A. V6, I get a message that the 60 CSX cannot unlock the maps.  Was the City Select N.A. V 6 "associated" with my GPS 5 in some way?  Will I have to purchase another copy of City Select N.A. to use with my 60 CSX?  Or can I "disassociate" my copy of City Select from my GPS 5 and then "associate" it with my new 60 CSX?  Thanks in advance for you help.  Byron

-Oz-

just contact garmin and unlock it to your second unit.  You may actually be able to use the unlock wizard to do it because I think it was setup to know that two unlocks were allowed.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

byrond

Dan,
Thanks to you for the very valuable advice.  I will call Garmin this weekend and work out the details.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
Byron

byrond

I just got off the phone with Garmin.  They were very helpful and...you guys were absolutely right!  They said I could associate my older version of City Navigator with two units.  They gave me another unlock code and I am happily navigating away!  Thanks again for your help.  Byron :)