GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Australia and South East Asia

Started by sockmonkey, November 22, 2022, 07:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sockmonkey

I've recently uploaded a new map and updated an older map.

Initially I was going to include Indonesia as part of the South East Asia Topo, but the map would anticipated to be to big to upload as a single map, and I'm trying to avoid the multi part map.  At some point in the future I will likely create a topo map for Indonesia.

About a year ago I created and uploaded the Topo Map of Australia, but I had to do it in two parts because is was too large as a single map to upload (over 2 GB)  I recently was working on an update and found the the large size of the original was due to a "typo".  This typo is related to the DEM (3d and shading).  I caught it on some other maps but not this one.  If some input values for the DEM are off it creates an unnecessarily large map.  I've corrected this and the map is more in line to what I'd expect it to be.  I used current OSM data and the map is named AU-AustraliaTopo, the previous maps were part 1 and 2.  I have requested deletion of those and would direct those interested in this map to https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/888   

-Oz-

Those other maps were deleted and redirect to your new one.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!