GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

CalTopo 2011 Not showing lakes

Started by crislewis, September 08, 2022, 01:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crislewis

I just loaded a section of a map from CalTopo 2011 onto my GPSmap 78SC into internal memory, and disable all other maps. I set detail to MOST, but although I can see other features, the lakes are not displaying as blue bodies of water on the map. If I move the cursor to where the lake should be, it labels it, but it shows only as a blank on the topo, not a blue lake. I.e., it looks as if it is a meadow on the topo. None of the lakes in this map segment are showing up on my GPS display, at the highest zoom in level, although I can see them all in Basecamp on my PC. What is wrong?

jasonchambers

Quote from: crislewis on September 08, 2022, 01:37:09 PMI just loaded a section of a map from CalTopo 2011 onto my GPSmap 78SC into internal memory, and disable all other maps. I set detail to MOST, but although I can see other features, the lakes are not displaying as blue bodies of water on the map. If I move the cursor to where the lake should be, it labels it, but it shows only as a blank on the topo, not a blue lake. I.e., it looks as if it is a meadow on the topo. None of the lakes in this map segment are showing up on my GPS display, at the highest zoom in level, although I can see them all in Basecamp on my PC. What is wrong?
Hi,
One possible reason for this issue is that the map you loaded does not have the correct data for the lakes. Another reason could be that the detail level is not set high enough to display the lakes as blue bodies of water on the map.

I suggest you try setting the detail level to HIGHEST and see if that helps. If you are still having issues after trying this, I recommend contacting Garmin support for further assistance.