GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

How to update maps on Nuvi1350?

Started by slipkid, February 18, 2022, 02:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slipkid

I used to belong to gpsreview.net forums and the folks there helped me figure some things out over the years, but trying to go there again now that website appears to be kaput  :(

I then searched for "gpsreviews" hoping maybe it had just changed names or something but actually found a reference to that forum here https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4928.0 by Boyd, and sounds like that website is no more, so thought I'd trying asking a dumb question or two here...

I have a numi 1350 that I haven't updated in awhile (but have a need to now; it came with "lifetime updates" btw).  I never liked the Garmin Express updater and instead thx to help from folks on gpsreviews got turned onto a simple program called GarminMapUpdater.exe that I used with no problems but that was 5 years ago that I last used it.  I uninstalled Garmin Express many years ago....

Trying GarminMapUpdater2 now it no longer works (gives error msg of not being able to find the server or something similar; I guess Garmin shut that off).

What are my options to update maps for my nuvi now?? 

Thanks for any help.

Boyd

Hi. Yes, GPSReview just went away without warning. Same thing happened before with GPSPassion, the other site that covered this sort of thing.

Sounds like you need to contact Garmin support. As you said, your device included lifetime map updates so it's not unreasonable to ask Garmin for help. But they will probably tell you to use Garmin Express, which would also be my suggestion. The fact that you "don't like it" is not a very good excuse IMO.

Anyway, the forums here are for discussion of maps at GPSFileDepot, not Garmin's commercial products. You might try this site, some of the people from GPSReview may still be active there although I do not participate.

http://www.poi-factory.com/forum/12

slipkid

Thx for the reply.  (apologies for my post if not appropo here)

I may try Garmin but want to try to ask some fellow users first since in the past they were always more help, will try some other forums I found yesterday in addition to the one you mentioned.

Cheers  :)

P.S. The reasons I did not like Garmin Express were because:
(1) It installed memory resident software that started up on bootup without telling me (for something that I only use every couple years I most certainly was not happy upon discovering that & had to then take steps to remove it)...
and
(2) Using it for updating my nuvi took something like 6 hours to complete.