GPSFileDepot.com

Mapsettoolkit help - install results in Mapsource error in TDB_REGIONDIR.CPP

Started by hntr, August 18, 2009, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hntr

I am using mapsettoolkit v1.62 beta to install some topo maps into Mapsource.  Mapsource generates an error log and closes - there are 10-20 instances (with different product id's)
of this error shown below
 <Error>
   <Exception>
     <SourceCodeLocation>
       <SourceFileName>TDB_REGIONDIR.CPP</SourceFileName>
       <SourceFileLine>164</SourceFileLine>
     </SourceCodeLocation>
     <Extra>
Product ID: 291766273
Region ID: 0</Extra>
   </Exception>
   <Application>
     <Name>MapSource</Name>
     <Build>
       <Version>
         <VersionMajor>6</VersionMajor>
         <VersionMinor>12</VersionMinor>
         <BuildMajor>4</BuildMajor>
         <BuildMinor>0</BuildMinor>
       </Version>
       <Type>Release</Type>
       <Time>May  1 2007, 14:47:56</Time>
       <Builder>SQA</Builder>
     </Build>
     <LanguageID>1033</LanguageID>
     <PartNumber>006-A0041-00</PartNumber>
   </Application>
   <Computer>
     <OperatingSystem>Windows Vista Service Pack 1</OperatingSystem>
     <Processor>x86, Processor Level: 6, Processors:4, Model: 15 Stepping: 11</Processor>
     <RamSize>2095692</RamSize>
   </Computer>
   <Time>2009-08-18T14:30:00Z</Time>
 </Error>

Whats confusing is when I do a trial run with 0.1 x 0.1 arc degree portion, the map displays fine in MapSource. Then when I run the whole state I get the error.

hntr

Thanks, I have already tried to reach him but have been unsuccessful.

The maps are working fine with sendmap, but I want to make the nice .exe files

maps4gps

He may be on holiday.  He has posted on this and the geocaching forums.

s36

Were you able to resolve this issue?  I'm running into the same problem.

hntr

yes, it's working now

If I can remember it was simply a problem with the Windows registry.

bob_piper

What is the registry problem and how do you fix it? I am having the same problem with MapSource.

Thanks,
Bob

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

hntr

You need to set up the registry exactly as the .reg file is set up when it is output from cpreview

-Oz-

hntr: that isn't completely true since with win7 64-bit I have to tweak the .reg file so that it installs to the proper 32bit directories.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

Quote from: -Oz- on March 10, 2010, 10:05:38 AM
hntr: that isn't completely true since with win7 64-bit I have to tweak the .reg file so that it installs to the proper 32bit directories.

Could you elaborate on that, Oz?  I've been installing maps on a new Win7 64bit machine, using an installer I wrote for my old XP machine, with no tweaks I'm aware of.  Of course MapSource went in as a new 32 bit app.

-Oz-

the installer (if its NSIS) automatically knows; the .reg file needs to know to put the files in \Wow6432Node\ in the software area because MapSource is a 32bit program.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

If I understand this correctly, you are saying that the Reg file cgpsmapper creates in cpreview needs to be tweaked?  It's been a while since I've used one of those.

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!