GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

problem loading jbensman's My Trails

Started by fesinmd, August 11, 2009, 05:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesinmd

I had a problem loading jbensman's My Trails from MapSource to my Garmin.  I figured it out, baffled me for days and wanted to post it here in case anyone had the same problem.  I did a search and couldn't find any messages on it.

In order to see the data in MapSource you have to view the map at less then seven miles, further out and all you see are a few small dots.  I am in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC.  I could see the all the trails in my area at seven miles.   Looked good and really wanted this map.  I followed all the steps on how to load maps, clicked on the map tool and highlighted the area pink.  Then I sent it to the Garmin.  Problem was there was no trails showing on my map.  I did everything but nothing worked.  I had a couple other maps and they worked fine.  I was ready to give up and delete it but got to thinking about the name.  Even though all the trails in my area were pink the map in my Garmin was called VA Trails.  Living around here that's not unusual but still wondered about that.   I loaded the map back up in MapSource and pulled the view out to 50 miles and then noticed that one area overlaps another.  Turns out the Virginia area overlaps almost all of the Maryland area.  After seeing that I redid it using the map tool on the areas outside of the VA zone and it worked.  If you are focused on DC or MD you don't realize that VA is on top of them, there is really no way to tell until you pull way out.

Hope this helps someone, or maybe I am just too new at this.   Like I said, this message is more to help someone searching for the same problem.  Glad I kept at it because it is a great map for the trails in my area.

Indrid Cold