GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin PLSS sub quadrants?

Started by Minerrick, November 22, 2020, 09:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minerrick

Does anyone know where I can find a Garmin PLSS overlay that breaks each section down into 64 equal sub-sections as it would be helpful for me to determine mining claim boundaries as they  are described by SW of SW of NW of SE, and it would be nice to have that overlay handy to envision those boundaries.

maps4gps

I doubt that would exist.  The most detailed file on BLM's Colorado site is 1/4 of 1/4.  Their Geocommunicator site for active and closed claims states 'Keep in Mind that these are only the BLM LR2000 claims. To find out their actual boundaries you must go to the appropriate County Recorders office.'

BTW - SW of SW of NW of SE is 1/4*1/4*1/4*1/4 = 256 equal sub-sections
                                               1/4*1/4*1/4  =  64 
                                               1/4*1/4 = 16

Thinking back to my Colorado PLSS and Colorado PLSS QQS overlay map sets; the PLSS QQS one appears to include outlines of mining claims.  Current file (in shape format) on the BLM website was created 2020 Sept 11. 

https://www.blm.gov/services/geospatial/GISData    Click on state list at left (Colorado)
Third screen down under Administrative Units - click on + for cadastral.
Fifth bullet down - PLSS Second Division (Aliquots)

I would expect the other BLM state office websites to have similar data files.  No info on the 'claim holes', just the 'name' and acreage for the 1/4*1/4's