GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Georgia Topo Map

Started by nemmertkeaton, November 13, 2020, 11:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemmertkeaton

I downloaded the Florida and Georgia Topo maps.  I'm using them to kayak the area rivers near my home and they're awesome.  Unfortunately, the Georgia map isn't rendering a few blocks right at the Florida boarder.  They show up fine in BaseCamp, but on my Garmin Etrex 22x there is a green background with no details.  It is a rectangle from the western edge of Georgia in to about Tallahassee, from the boarder to about 15 miles north of that.  I've uninstalled the map and re-download/installed it.  It seems to do the same thing if I've installed it on internal memory or the SD card.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Nathaniel

maps4gps

Blocks/tiles/quads may have a blank area to conform to the widest area of data.  A tile in Florida is probably overriding the Georgia map data in that area.  This may also be happening around the projection in northeastern Florida.  BaseCamp can only load one map at a time, so this is not an issue there.  Try disabling the Florida map on your GPSr; the entire Georgia map should then be visible.   

Boyd

Wow - haven't seen you around here for awhile! Hope that all is well!  :)

nemmertkeaton

Thank you, that was exactly the issue. Once I turned off the Florida map, the Georgia map displayed the area I was looking for.  I appreciate the help.