GPSFileDepot.com

Downloaded and installed IbycusUSA2 and installed but it won't run

Started by 777nnn, August 09, 2009, 03:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

777nnn

I downloaded and installed IbycusUSA2 and installed it, but it won't run.  In the IbycusUSA2 folder on my computer there are only icons that look like little pages with 6 tiny icons on each.

Motherboard: Elite Group ECS P4M900T-M2, socket 775, supports 4 Gigs RAM, accommodates two DDR2 unbuffered DIMMS
O/S: XP Home from installation cd I bought directly from MS, 32 Bit, SP 3
RAM: 1 GB Crucial PC4200 DDR2 533 MHz
CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core E1200, 1.6 GHz, 512K, 800 MHz, OEM, Advanced Performance Series, Allendale, socket 775
PSU: Power Up 450 Watt ATX
HD: WD Caviar SE, 320G, IDE
Monitor: Samsung 2032NW, SyncMaster, 5ms, 3000:1, Dynamic Contrast, 20"
DVD burner: Memorex multi format, double layer
CPU fan:Ultra X Wind, aluminum socket
Case: from an old Compaq Presario 
Avast scanner, Comodo firewall, Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, Ccleaner
Firefox version 3.0.13
IE8.0

I downloaded IbycusUSA2. I ran the install twice and each time when I open the folder of the program and click on anything I get the message:"Widows cannot open this file. To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it." And it gives two options to either choose from a list of programs or connect to the internet to find the appropriate program. Everything in the folder of the program is a picture of a sheet of paper with six tiny icons. Thanks for any replies.

Indrid Cold

The installer installs the mapset into MapSource. You need to have MapSource installed on your PC, install the mapset, then open MapSource and you map will be there. Windows does not open only of the installed map files on it's own.