GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Installing topo maps on a Garmin 60CSX

Started by newlanderfie, October 29, 2019, 04:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newlanderfie

Hi everyone, I have a Garmin 60CSX GPS and i have installed lots of maps on my GPS in the past but now I can't seem to get it to work, I am using a small card (4gb), I can put the maps on the card without any problems but they are not showing up on my GPS. Do I need to install anything on my GPS along with the maps to be able to see them on my GPS? Right now under "maps setup" on my GPS, all I see is  "Americas Marine Point Basecamp" nothing about topo maps.
  Really need help.
Thanks

Boyd

It's pretty hard to help when you don't say *how* you tried installing the maps. ;)

But if you're using the Windows version of Basecamp/MapInstall, then that is the problem. It doesn't work anymore with most of the maps on this site. And Garmin has discontinued Basecamp, so this will never be fixed.

See this thread for possible work-arounds/solutions: https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4539.0

But, to cut to the chase.... use Mapsource instead of Basecamp with your 60csx. That is the software it was designed to use, and it still works.