GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin eTrex 30x not showing maps details; only basic

Started by tvstimson, September 25, 2019, 08:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvstimson

I have recently purchased  an eTrex 30x. I have downloaded maps  from GPSFileDepot (Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, & Idaho). On my computer (Windows 7), Garmin BaseCamp
displays map details, but when the map(s) are transferred to the
Garmin eTrex 30x, the maps on the GPS unit only displays the simple (and useless)
default map(s).

Boyd

Are you using the newest version of Basecamp/MapInstall on Windows? If so, that is likely the problem. This version will not properly install most of the maps from GPSFileDepot. It has been discussed extensively here, and Garmin has discontinued Basecamp development, so the problem will never be fixed.

See this thread for more information and solutions: https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4539.0

tvstimson

Thanks for this information. I installed Version 4.6.2 and was able to transfer the maps to the GPS unit.

But, I'm wondering if there is something I might do to prevent the program from updating. I did uninstall the Garmin Upater program, but is this enough to keep the program  from updating?

Boyd

I don't think you can do anything about that. The whole situation is very annoying.  >:(