GPSFileDepot.com

load latest AZ topo to Basecamp then garmin etrex 20, but can't view the map

Started by hb132, March 10, 2019, 07:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hb132

I use gpsfiledepot for other state, MT, CO, UT... all works fine
but AZ topo map give me trouble.
I can load it into etrex, and I can enable it. but when view the map, I can't see the topo map of AZ.

what did I miss?

Thank you!

Boyd

If you are using the current version of Basecamp/MapInstall for Windows, then that might be your problem. It is broken and cannot send 3rd party maps to your GPS. When you send the map, everything seems to be fine, but then you will not be able to see it (or it won't work properly) on the GPS. See this thread: https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4539.0

Another possibility is that you have exceeded the segment limit of your device. Maps are made of small tiles, and there is a limit as to how many the GPS can access. This limit has nothing to do with the size of the map file, it's possible to exceed the segment limit of the GPS with less than 4gb of maps (depending on the maps).

It doesn't matter whether the maps on on a card or internal memory and doesn't matter if they are enaabled. The total is the sum of all the segments in every map installed on the device. With the exception of a few of the newest models, most recent Garmin devices can access between 3000 to 4000 segments total. To troubleshoot this, try removing one of the other maps from your device and see if that helps.

hb132

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I tried installing old basecamp, and also deleting other maps. it doesn't resolve issue some how. But I will try it again tomorrow

Big thanks!

Boyd

Well it's always possible that there is just a problem with that specific map - I have never used it. To troubleshoot, you could try removing all the maps but the Arizona Topo and see if it works then.

Also, confirm what version of MapInstall you are using. If it is 4.2.0, then that is the one which does not work.