GPSFileDepot.com

Can't get topo lines to load on Garmin GPSMAP 64

Started by nbeekillah, February 21, 2019, 11:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbeekillah

I'm trying to load a topo map onto my Garmin GPSMAP 64 but can't see the topo lines on my device. I'm trying this with NE USA TOPO Part 3 and kytopo11. The topo lines show-up on BaseCamp but they don't show-up on my GPS. I can see the roads and hydro features on the GPS though. Please help!

Boyd

The current version of Basecamp/MapInstall does not work properly. When you send a map to the GPS, everything appears to be fine. But when you look at the map on the GPS, it will be missing many of the features. This problem has been widely discussed here, and affects all maps and all users. And the bad news is that Garmin has discontinued work on Basecamp/MapInstall, so apparently this problem will never be fixed.  >:(

See this thread for more discussion, and some solutions: https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4539.0

Kakemonsteret

Quote from: nbeekillah on February 21, 2019, 11:28:33 AM
I'm trying to load a topo map onto my Garmin GPSMAP 64 but can't see the topo lines on my device. I'm trying this with NE USA TOPO Part 3 and kytopo11. The topo lines show-up on BaseCamp but they don't show-up on my GPS. I can see the roads and hydro features on the GPS though. Please help!

Hi
New member here.
Also using Garmin and base camp.  My device is a Garmin 276 cx, also have and older Montana 600.
Try controlling your setting one the device, depending one the map, it is possible to turn this info on and of. On a Topo map. This info is not necessary for road use. And highlighting the roads are not necessary in the terrain.
Best regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro