GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

routing

Started by deanson, January 15, 2019, 12:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanson

I recently installed the latest firmware on my oregon 600 and now none of my openstreet maps with routing will route. I've download new versions of the maps but the gps tells me that no roads exist in some of the route areas so no route can be calculated. I dug up some older versions of the maps and installed those but still no routing. I've been using the OSM pacific topo, the OSM mountain topo and the OSM  pacific auto and OSM mountain auto maps.  I'm using the most recent version of basecamp to do the installing. I've even tried coping and pasting the *.img files straight onto the micro usb card but still no routing! The maps appear as normal when I scroll around on the maps.

Boyd

Looks like there are many problems with newer versions of the Oregon 600 firmware. You might want to roll back to whatever previous version was working for you.

http://www.gpsrchive.com/Oregon%206xx/Firmware.html

I suspect you will find better sites to discuss this kind of problem, the GPSFileDepot forums are primarily intended to discuss the maps available from this site, and it's a very sleepy place these days. ;)

deanson

I rolled back to 5.30 and the routing is working again. Same maps. Go figure!
Thanks,
Dean

Boyd

Red90

New firmware came out yesterday.