GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Maps not showing topo and other information on Etrex 20

Started by weilanja, October 21, 2018, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weilanja

I used to see this information when using maps like patopo etc.   Recently I loaded AZ topo and NM topo onto my Etrex 20.  Even though topo information showed in Basecamp, I could not see topo or trail info on my Etrex 20.  Made the device useless for hikes on my last vacation.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the maps with no success. I reinstalled the patopo maps and they seemed to work.  However after doing a Master Reboot, even the patopo maps are not displaying topo info on my Etrex20.

Any suggestions?

Boyd

Sounds like the same problem everyone has. Garmin updated Basecamp/MapInstall back in May, and this version does not work properly. The symptoms are exactly as you describe, everything seems to go as usual when you send maps, but when you view them on the GPS there is no detail.

See this for more info and a couple solutions: https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4539.0

weilanja

Thanks for the guidance.  I uninstalled the latest version of Basecamp (either 4.7 or 4.8 I don't remember which it was) and installed Basecamp 4.25.  After that I uninstalled the maps from my GPS and started reinstalling them one at at time.  After installing patopo, I could see the topo information again in my Etrex20.  Once I installed the MyTrails map, I then could see trail information as well for PA. 
I've only done some limited checking but it does appear that I'm now seeing what I expected to see. :)