GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Problem with Nuvi 50

Started by crawln1, August 27, 2018, 06:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crawln1

I am having a hard time pulling up the WV maps on my Nuvi. I have installed the maps with basecamp on my computer, and I see where they have been loaded on the gps with the maps that came with it. All I get is a blank square where the trails should be on my gps I don't see any trails at all

Boyd

Most likely this is the same problem everyone reports here. Garmin updated Basecamp/MapInstall in May and the program will either automatically install updates or nag you to install them. So if you are using the current version, that's the problem. It is broken and does exactly what you describe, everything seems to be OK until you look at the map on the GPS and it is either blank or only has a few features.

See this thread: https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4539.0

crawln1

Ok, Thanks for the info. Do I need to install map install also? I did not do that to begin with. I can see all the maps on basecamp on my computer but not on gps? Could this also be because I didn't download map install, or is it due to the update as you said
Thanks

Boyd

MapInstall is the program that's used to send maps to your GPS, it is part of a normal installation of Basecamp. If you didn't have it on your computer, you wouldn't be able to send anything to the GPS at all.

Read the thread that I linked to above, it also contiains links to other threads on the subject.