GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Ontario Atlas Map

Started by AgentDBCooper, September 28, 2018, 05:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojaveMan

Just the GPS.  All of my efforts have the end goal of a pretty map showing up in my trusty Garmin - I'm not a fan of using a smartphone as a GPS device in the back country - or any other country, for that matter :)

AgentDBCooper

Nice. Perhaps I should just forget Google Maps and just go straight from Google Earth to my Garmin.

What device do you use? I'm out in the sticks all the time, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I would trust my Garmin Fenix 5x. I've never really gambled with using it. Garmin has been f***ing with the software so much, nothing feels consistent anymore. What do you think about the wearable stuff by Garmin?

MojaveMan

I have an eTrex20 (with the buttons torn off - man, that made me mad) and an Oregon 600.  With my penchant for Custom Maps, the 500 tile limit of the 600 is really nice.
If I were on the market today, I would probably consider the newer eTrex models - maybe a 20x or a Touch25 (few buttons to tear off).  I imagine with the smartphone being so prevalent, the dedicated hand-held GPS device will be a thing of the past soon...so I might grab me one before they disappear.

AgentDBCooper