Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forums Search:  

Author Topic: Bloatware  (Read 626 times)

errol

• View Profile
Bloatware
« on: December 25, 2017, 01:03:52 AM »
Very disappointed. Unable to download anything unless I install some other program which I have no interest in, and I suspect is linked to more sites that simply mine information for some nefarious reasons such as spam. When I register on a site, I expect it to be the site I work in, not a link in a chain that probably leads nowhere. If I receive one item of spam, I intend to splash this site as a spamming data mining dummy site, because all I received from registering is spam. Highly  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Red90

• View Profile
    • Southern Alberta Trail Maps
Re: Bloatware
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 07:27:12 AM »
What exactly are you trying to do?  There is none of that here.

-Oz-

• Map Maker!
  • Administrator
  • Expert Advisor
    • View Profile
    • GPSFileDepot
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 05:57:38 AM »
You don't even have to register to download anything.  They're just .exe install files.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

• Expert Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 06:09:46 AM »
This makes no sense to me either. However, some maps are not hosted at GPSFileDepot and you will find links that take you to the author's website in that case. Some of these require a purchase. If you don't like that, then just skip those maps, there are plenty of free ones that install directly from the files you download here at GPSFileDepot.

Of course, you will need to install Garmin's BaseCamp software to use the maps on this site. Some people might call that bloatware... but you shouldn't have bought a Garmin GPS if you don't want to use Garmin's software.  ;D