News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSMapEdit extended types

Started by lapoune, February 07, 2017, 06:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lapoune

Hello,

I'm trying to edit an IMG map with some extended type roads, namely 0x10E00 to 0x10E05, but I can't even see them at all in GPSMapEdit. I put the .typ file in skins but still nothing shows. They don't show in the select by type menu either.

I'm pretty new at this is there anything I am missing?

Thanks!

zhrd

As I know, the GPSMapEdit can't read the TYP file. You have to use the source text file.

Boyd

You can open the .typ file in TYPViewer and save it as a .txt file if you like. Personally, I have tried using custom types in GPSMapEdit and was not happy with it. Did not show all the types properly.

lapoune

Well, the strange thing is, some are getting redefined correctly (0x0D00, 0x0E00, 0x0F00), but these also show up fine if I don't use a skin in GPSMapEdit, they show as unknown and with the wrong line type, but at least they are there.

For the lines 0x10E00 to 0x10E05, I can't get GPSMapEdit to show anything no matter what I do, it's like the lines don't exist at all. They also don't appear in the select menu.

Is there something that must be done when GPSMapEdit first opens an IMG? Do you have to somehow associate a typ file when opening (or directly in the IMG). Or is having the skin activate in the manager enough?

Thanks again for the answers.

popej

I see no problems with creating and viewing lines 10Exx. Skin doesn't affect them. The only glitch is that when reading source file, GPSMapEdit require type definition as "Type=0x10E00". Definition Subtype/Marine are ignored. Reading compiled img looks correctly.

lapoune

When you say source file, are you talking about the IMG or the TYP\TEXT file?

So if I understand what you are saying correctly (I'm pretty new at this), when I open my IMG file in GPSMapEdit,  I should be able to at least get every line to show even if I don't have a TYP\TEXT file loaded in?

Just to be clear, I can draw a line with a type 0x10Exx with no problem after the IMG map is imported in GPSMapEdit, it only fails to show the ones that come with the IMG before import.

What could the problem possibly be then?

popej

By source I mean map in polish format *.mp. Skin in txt file is not needed to see map, without skin you get default rendering.

Are you sure, there are any lines 0x10Exx in your img? Even if you have lines defined in TYP, this particular img can contain none of these.

lapoune

Yes, original source map is in IMG, its a map I'm modifying so I don't have a source .MP. I can see on my GPS that there are additional roads that disappear if I import it in GPSMapEdit. That's when I checked the TYP to find out that all the missing roads were of type 0x10E00-0x10E05 by comparing the labels (ex: missing Highways are type 0x10E00 labeled Highway in the TYP file).

Thanks again