GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

cgpsmapper polygon types - colors?

Started by hntr, August 06, 2009, 01:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hntr

I'm looking at section 12.3.3 of the cgpsmapper manual that shows polygon types and their hex codes.  The description is great, but is there any way to see which code represents which color?  Likewise - which POI type represents which symbol in Mapsource or on the GPSr.  Seems like that should be included in the table, unless . . .

Do different Garmin units display different colors for the same polygon type definition?  Different symbol for the POI type?

----

I was thinking of defining custom types with my own colors, but was nervous when I read that some GPSr can't handle TYP files.  Are there many units out there that wouldn't be able to handle custom types?

Indrid Cold

That's a lot of questions all at one, let's see what we can clear up ;D

The description is great, but is there any way to see which code represents which color?

As far a a list... Try this map:
http://rwsmaps.griffel.se/RWSMaps_Features_Test_v1.1_Setup.exe

Do different Garmin units display different colors for the same polygon type definition?  Different symbol for the POI type?

A bit, some units are capable of more colors than others, some have built in POI icons that others don't have (ex: Astro units have hunting icons that others don't have).

I was thinking of defining custom types with my own colors, but was nervous when I read that some GPSr can't handle TYP files.  Are there many units out there that wouldn't be able to handle custom types?

What works on a newer color unit might not work well on a older memory challenged monochrome unit.  Some of the early color unit won't display them correctly. For the largest universal appeal, one wouldn't use them. The more custom you make a mapset, the less universal it becomes, that's part of the trade off. :o

hntr

That map is exactly what I needed, thank you!

That's all good info, cheers

ErikGIS

This should prove very helpful.

Thanks.