GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Help with GMU map overlay

Started by scottnorthwest, June 15, 2009, 12:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottnorthwest

I need someone to help me make an overlay map with Game Management units for Washington. They can be seen here. http://wdfw.wa.gov/mapping/gohunt Can anyone help me out? I want them for garmin.

Indrid Cold

If you can get the data in shapefiles, it will be easy to make a transparent overlay map. I gave the site a quick look and see that you can download .pdf files...

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

fishmasterdan

Scott did you make any head way on this??

If you do figure it out please post your journey. I am wanting the same kind of thing as you.

What is shapefiles??

Indrid Cold

scottnorthwest

What do I neeb to ask for? Ask for a shape file for GMU units?

Indrid Cold

Quote from: scottnorthwest on July 23, 2009, 02:07:41 PM
What do I neeb to ask for? Ask for a shape file for GMU units?
Well, you would want to get whatever data you want in the ESRI Shapefile format. If that happens to be GMU, deer or elk ranges, check with the data provider for what is available. Also I found this on their page:
QuoteDeveloped in response to public requests for interactive recreational information, GoHunt will be enhanced over the coming months. We welcome user suggestions, which may be sent to [email protected].
I would recommend suggesting they make the data downloadable right from their site.