GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Installing maps to Basecamp.

Started by DKSDonnie, October 25, 2016, 12:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKSDonnie

Newbie here. Just purchased Garmin 64S. Installed Basecamp onto my pc. Downloaded Topo from this site and installed on my device. Worked great. Great instructions. How do I install the same Topo File to my Basecamp on the pc so when I import waypoints, tracks, etc. from my gps to view and manage on basecamp I can see the topo lines and all that was installed on my gps. Maybe I'm missing something. I will say this, the instructions that came with my new Garmin 64S are very vague. For years I had Garmin Gps's and then went to Delorme. Didn't like Delorme and now have come back to Garmin. Things have changed a little bit so I'm having some issues. Thanks.

Boyd

If you downloaded and installed a topo map from this site, then it's already installed in Basecamp. If it wasn't installed in Basecamp, then you wouldn't have been able to send it to your GPS. :)

That should be true for the vast majority of maps here, although there may be a few very old ones that only provide files to copy directly to the GPS. Did you run an installer after downloading the map?

This tutorial shows the typical map installation and how to choose it in Basecamp: https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/