News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

JNX

Started by JCWP1, August 29, 2016, 11:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCWP1

Hi, there.
Well I've managed to load a few TOPO maps to my Oregon 650, courtesy of help from Boyd and maps on GPS File Depot.
However, I've now got a message on my Garmin that says 'Too many JNX files. They will not all be displayed.' As explained before, I'm a complete novice with this GPS but would like help knowing a) does that mean the maps I have downloaded will not work when I go on my trip (flying on Thursday this week)
b) I downloaded everything to an SD card (16GB). Is that an issue?
c) I don't think I'm able to check if maps work while on this side of the pond, or am I mistaken?
Anybodies (quick) response would be greatly appreciated.
Rewgards,
John

jolly47roger

JNX files are Birdseye (unless you have been making them yourself). Have you downloaded a lot of Birdseye stuff??

JCWP1

I've downloaded the Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and Arizona Topo's from this site.
I had thought about getting the Garmin Birdseye, as there is a demo download I've got in Basecamp, but, as I'd only really want it for one small area, didn't think it was worth paying out for!
Does this help?
John

jolly47roger

In that case, I can't see a reason for the "Too many JNX files" message.

Boyd

Could be an old bug. I think I've seen messages like that randomly on an Oregon and Montana, but it's been awhile.

Look inside the Garmin folder on the GPS, there should be a Birdseye folder inside. How many .jnx files are in there? Regardless, since you stated you aren't using Birdseye, just delete the whole folder, it won't do any harm. If you decide to purchase Birdseye later, the folder will be re-created.

JCWP1

Hi, Boyd.
Just thought I'd drop you a line while still on holiday in the USA.
I did get a reply from Garmin about JNX files but the simple answer is only to have one of the TOPO's open at the same time.
Could I just say how much I appreciate the TOPO's I've downloaded from this site! They have been spot on.
Bye for now.
John

Boyd

Hey John! Enjoy the rest of your visit!  8)