GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Installing Morocco Topo in Bascecamp

Started by Berin, August 13, 2016, 03:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berin

Hi, I'm trying to install Morocco Topo into Basecamp (Mac). I've moved from a PC. I have a directory with the .img files in it, and using Mapsettoolkit Running in Parallels) I followed the instructions in the tutorial but still don't see the maps in Basecamp. can anyone help?

Boyd

That won't work, the Mac uses maps in a completely different format called .gmap. Don't know which map you are trying to install, but the three that are listed here are not listed as having a Mac version and are not "EZ Install" for the PC either. https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/708/

Looks like they were created by our friend Popej, so hopefully he will chime in. You will need to convert the map to .gmap format to use it on the Mac. This can usually be done with this program, although I'm not sure if it will work directly with these maps: http://www.javawa.nl/mapconverter_en.html

Once you have converted the map, simply double-clicking the .gmapi or .gmap file should automatically launch MapManager to install on your Mac.

popej

My maps comes as archived gmap folder. I'm not a Mac user, but I understand that you have to simply unpack it and click at folder name to install it for BaseCamp.

I can't mark Mac compatibility on maps listed here, probably because they are hosted on external site.

Boyd

That correct. If the user has properly installed Basecamp, the package should also include MapInstall and MapManager. Double-clicking the .gmap file should launch MapManager and install the map. If you see a gmap folder on the Mac however, that means something is wrong with the Basecamp installation.

However, this doesn't sound like what Berin has, since he mentioned MapsetToolkit and a folder with .img files. We really don't know what map he is talking about. And I don't see any map called "Morocco Topo" at gpsfiledepot.  When requesting help here, you need to be specific about which map you are using. ;)