GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Downloading info from GPS62st

Started by TeleBruce, July 07, 2016, 09:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeleBruce

Simple basic question (because I just don't use this thing that much) I have a large amount of info on my GPS (routes waypoints tracks etc) that I want to download into my mapping program, (which can be BaseCamp, NatGeo TOPO or CalTopo online)  but when I try to export from the GPS to the program, it will only export my tracks and newly marked waypoints,  I would like to download everything. I lost the source material that I loaded into the GPS to begin with and want to preserve what I have.

I may not be able to immediately respond to replies so I will thank you for your help and patience in advance.

Thanks!

Boyd

Routes, waypoints and tracks are all stored in .gpx files on newer devices like yours. But there are many files, I believe it creates a new waypoint file for each day you use the device for example.

Basecamp should be able to figure all of this out I think. Honestly, I don't use it much myself these days. But IIRC, you can create a new list in Basecamp and then import all of your user data from thje 62st to it. You can then use the filter feature to separate waypoints, tracks and routes.

To use the data in another program, you could just create another list, drag whatever data you want to it, then export as a .gpx file.

Red90

When you connect to Basecamp, it should all be there.  You do not need to do anything.  I should all show up.  You can then export from Basecamp, anything that you want to a file.