GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

map legend

Started by bodhigj, July 21, 2009, 05:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodhigj

??? I downloaded the AZ & NM topo maps and loaded them into RoadTrip. I was checking a route I had created using City Navigator on the AZ Topo. There are symbols consisting of a black H on a yellow circular background. If I mouse over them it says unknown. Unknown what? is there a legend for the maps someplace? Sorry if this question is duh!

Indrid Cold

Sounds like a Helipad, Helispot or Heliport.

Garmin has a map legend here: http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/mapLegend.html

edit to add NM TOPO graphic...

-Oz-

I actually think they may be hospitals.  The most recent version of Mapsource (and possible Roadtrip) have a bug where a lot of POIs are "unknown"; it'll be fine on the GPS.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

Quote from: -Oz- on July 22, 2009, 02:14:41 AM
I actually think they may be hospitals.  The most recent version of Mapsource (and possible Roadtrip) have a bug where a lot of POIs are "unknown"; it'll be fine on the GPS.
I would think they came from the Forest Service Misc. Points (e.g. windmill) file and were originally points coded as 61 or 62, shown as "unknown" because they are not labeled. Hospitals are showing on my maps as white squares outlined in black with a blue cross. Here's an examples showing air Services (of course some Hospitals do have Helipads...)

-Oz-

well, you are definitely right :)
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!