GPSFileDepot.com

What dictates how a map is opened in BaseCamp?

Started by vt.flatlander, April 27, 2016, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt.flatlander

I have a small number of maps in BaseCamp .When switching from one to another I notice that some maps open to a previous location and zoom level but others do not. I have to zoom way back to find the map.
What is BaseCamp looking at/for to determine what is displayed in the map screen?

popej

For Mapsource rules were nice. It remembered last window for each map, but when switching maps, which covers the same area, it tried to preserve the same position.

BaseCamp tries the same, but it shows some stupid behavior with regards to tracks, POI, routes - elements saved in lists or folders visible on left panel. BaseCamp tries to show view covering elements from active list on left side. This makes very difficult to preserve current view. If you edit track, delete track, accidentally change list, BaseCamp changes map window and you have to look for your view again. Search in BaseCamp changes view too, you can't return to previous view if you have looked at any result. IMHO this makes working in BaseCamp very annoying.

Boyd

Quote from: popej on April 30, 2016, 03:38:50 AMIMHO this makes working in BaseCamp very annoying.

I agree. One thing that I find generally helpful though, I have a list called "blank" that doesn't contain any waypoints/tracks/routes. That gives me a clean view of the map at least. :)

vt.flatlander

[/quote] One thing that I find generally helpful though, I have a list called "blank" that doesn't contain any waypoints/tracks/routes. That gives me a clean view of the map at least. :)
[/quote]

I do this also.