GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

How to delete lines created by cGPSmapper?

Started by vt.flatlander, April 09, 2016, 09:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt.flatlander

It appears after compilation that additional line data (looks like tile grid) is generated by cGPSmapper and causing visual conflict with actual line data.
It is all straight lines running through the map. Some of it is fragmented, some of it is continuous.
Most if it has labels like "This map has been made with cGPSmapper" or a contour elevation number label or a county border label. It is totally out of place but I have no idea how to edit this.
Can someone offer some ideas?

Boyd

The "created with cgpsmapper" watermark appears in every map tile when you use the free version. It is a point feature that has nothing to do with lines.

No idea what the other problem is.

vt.flatlander

Included is a screenshot of what I am seeing.
Underneath the "Map is Created with Cgpsmapper" watermark is the line which continues to the right(east). To the left (west) the line continues but is fragmented.This is not map data.
My map of  Vermont consisted of only six tiles. The delineation between the tiles is where these lines are located.
What is confusing about this is if the line is close to or intersects with something like a County Border this line is labeled as if it was the county border with the same features assigned by my .typ file.
The screenshot is pre-.typ file but right at the letter "p" in map is a real county border.

-Oz-

the line is not actually from cgpsmapper but rather shp2mp.  its in the raw code. normally changing multi segment to single fixes it
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

vt.flatlander

I assume since this has occurred from single-part data that I am stuck with it or do you think there is a way to edit the data in QGIS after converting from multi-part to single-part to keep this from happening? I'm now wondering if using QGIS on my Mac has anything to do with this.?

Also. What I don't understand here is if I somehow have multi-part data then why are these unexpected lines only occurring where the map is split into the tiles and nowhere else ?

popej

Use QGIS and execute on SHP contours following action:
Vector -> Geometry Tools -> Multipart to Singleparts...

I guess something goes wrong with conversion of multipart lines in SHP to mp format.

vt.flatlander

I have it worked out.

I went back to QGIS. Added all the single-part tiles. Then executed the same multi-part to single-part process for each tile. Fortunately there were only six tiles so it was not too bad. I discovered when doing this the original single-part file had many more features then the now newly created single-part file. Ran all the .bat files and compiled again. My map now looks correct.