No unlocked maps were found for this device Oregon 600

Started by BobM, February 25, 2016, 05:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobM

I just bought the Oregon 600
Downloaded Base Camp,
Downloaded the TOPO for Arizona, South Carolina, Georgia
I clicked install, it placed it on my "C" drive
I also tried to place them in their own folder, and on the micro card, syill wont get found by map install

Now when I plug in my GPS to my laptop, i doesn't matter if I select my micro sd card or onto the unit itself, the next screen "Map install" shows the GPS but says No unlocked maps were found for this device

Running windows 8 PC
I tried uninstalling both Base camp and deleting and downloading the TOPO's from this site again, but no luck

Any suggestions? Bob M

Boyd

Try this (substitute the map you want to install for the Texas topo): https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?topic=4016.msg22583#msg22583

QuoteTry this instead. Exit from Basecamp, make sure your GPS is connected and go to Start > All Programs > Garmin > Map Install. On the first screen you should see your GPS listed under "Device". Click "Find Device" if it isn't shown there. If your GPS still isn't shown, you will not be able to continue.

Otherwise, click "Continue". You should now see a list of all maps that you have installed in Basecamp. Is the Texas Topo shown on that list? If so, check the box next to it. If not, you have not properly installed the map and will not be able to continue.

You should now see the map on the right with a box around it. If you want to install the full map, just click the install button (you can use the advanced button to install only a portion of the map if desired).

A window will then open saying "this will install maps on your device". Click the Install button to complete.

BobM

im running windows 8, there is no start menu??
I googled to see if there is a work around, no luck??

Bob M

Boyd

Sorry, I don't use Windows 8, but this kind of like "computers 101:...  ;)

Just find the program named MapInstall and run it.

BobM

Nope, didn't work, same message as before. :'(

I'm stumped, I'm leaving for Arizona in the morning, and no topo map!!!

When you guys download the maps from this site, where do you save them to?

Bob M

Boyd

It should not matter where you save the map. Can you see the map in Basecamp on your computer?

-Oz-

Did you try this tutorial: https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/

The map should be listed and then you can install it.

Also, you could try the last post in this (even though I haven't ever been able to duplicate it): https://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php/topic,4119.msg23003.html#msg23003
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

BobM

I did read the tutorial several times,

I'm out prospecting in Arizona, so when I get back I will try your suggestions. (I'm using my work tablet to post from)

Thanks Bob M

lapko33

Any updates on this? I am having the same problem. I just got the Oregon 600 last week, I have tried everything. Did exactly what BobM did. Also did the tutorial several times. The maps do not show up in the drop down in Basecamp. Downloaded multiple maps, different folders. Uninstalled re installed. It still says no unlocked maps found.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Boyd

Quote from: lapko33 on April 13, 2016, 05:17:56 PMThe maps do not show up in the drop down in Basecamp.

If they don't show in Basecamp, then it has nothing to do with your Oregon 600. You must first get the maps working on your computer. What operating system are you running? Newer versions of Windows seem to be having problems with older maps from this site, due to the installer that was used when they were created. These installers are evidently not creating the registry keys needed for new versions of windows.

Try this - download the free Javawa Mapconverter, it will convert old format maps to Garmin's new .gmap format and install it in the proper location for Basecamp. The .gmap format does not use the Windows registry.

http://www.javawa.nl/mapconverter_en.html

Try this for just one of your maps. If it works, then you can convert the others the same way.

lapko33

I was just getting back on to give an update. I got the maps to show in base camp. Not sure what I did different but I uninstalled base camp and deleted all maps again.  Re downloaded basecamp. Then downloaded the Arizona topo map (this is the only difference I did. I never downloaded Arizona topo last time)  like the toturial. Did everything like it showed on toturial but again it did not show in basecamp. I resetted my computer and then opened basecamp and it worked. I then went and downloaded multiple maps and they all showed up.

But it works now so just going with it. 

I am using Windows 10 64 bit